San Lawrenz Primary students learn all about oral hygiene

Email item Email item Print item Print item

San Lawrenz Primary students learn all about oral hygieneThe Mobile Dental Unit visited the Gozo College San Lawrenz Primary school on Friday.

The team that were led by Dr Daniel Keir, who is a lecturer at the University of Malta and a dental surgeon.

Dental students in the Faculty of Dental Surgery at the University of Malta checked the dental health of the pupils and gave a demonstration on how to clean their teeth correctly, as well providing advice on oral health.
San Lawrenz Primary students learn all about oral hygieneThe mobile unit is a fully functioning dental clinic, fitted with all necessary cutting-edge dental equipment with regard to oral hygiene as well as dentistry.

This summer the mobile unit has provided a free dental check and oral health advice, visiting localities around the island of Gozo

• Permalink: San Lawrenz Primary students learn all about oral hygiene
  • You may also like...

2 Responses

1. Dr. Daniel M Keir says:

I would like to acknowledge the Faculty of Dental Surgery, University of Malta 2nd and 3rd year dental hygiene students that participated in the visit to the San Lawrenz Primary School. It was through their outstanding efforts the day was a great success and enjoyed by all. A big thank you goes to the staff members from the Faculty of Dental Surgery, University of Malta that accompanied the hygiene students and the Mobile Dental Clinic and its driver to Gozo for this event.

2. Dr. Daniel M Keir says:

Of course, this event would not have been possible without the hospitality of the headmaster and the teachers at the San Lawrenz Primary school. They generously took time out of their busy classrooms to host this event. Thank you so much.