Gozo Minister looks at making Mgarr ix-Xini beach more accessible

Gozo Minister looks at making Mgarr ix-Xini beach more accessible for allThis weekend, the Minister for Gozo Dr Justyne Caruana visited Mgarr ix-Xini Bay, where she had a look around the area and spoke with some of the workers.

The aim of the visit, Dr Caruana said, was to ascertain what is required for the beach area to become more accessible, so that it can be enjoyed by all visitors.

Photographs:MGOZ/Terry Camilleri

• Permalink: Gozo Minister looks at making Mgarr ix-Xini beach more accessible

1. Revel Barker says:

I (think I) know what the Minister means (sort of).
      But isn’t part of the attraction of the place that it is not very “accessible”?

2. Sal says:

They could get rid of all the oil that goes into that beach and make sure it stays clean. Too many boats and too many cars for such a tiny island . The population in Malta is double what it used to be. People should cut down on all the cars and boats. Too much pollution in such a tiny island.

3. Colin Hamer says:

Doesn’t the minister realise that what makes Gozo and places on Gozo attractive to visitors is it’s inaccessibility? Leave Mgarr ix Xini alone please.

4. gabriella says:

I’m totally agree with Colin Hamer!!Let Gozo alone , please!!!!!It’s for this reason I’m here and is the reason why so much people decide to come here!!!!

5. Jane says:

I think it would be tragic if Mgarr ix-Xini bay were to become like The Blue Lagoon – too accessible for its own good. I believe we need to protect the unspoilt areas of Gozo so that future generations are able to experience the natural beauty of this special place. However I think we should wait and see how the Minister plans to change the beach area before making any judgments.

6. charlotte says:

Yes Jane and Gabriella, Gozo is rapidly changing but sadly not for the better. Please stop making everywhere a tourist destination. I have been coming to Gozo for 45 years and the reason I come is exactly because of places like Mgarr Ix-Xini, It’s the natural beauty of the and it’s inaccessibility that make it so special. Over the years I have seen Xlendi turn from a charming fishing village (when the boats in the bay were only for fishing) to a plastic covered, over populated pizza parlour and it breaks my heart. I am not visiting the island this year as it’s just not the same place that I grew up and the magic that the island once held for me is rapidly disappearing. Please leave it alone, stop before it is too late.

7. Dany says:

I have come to gozo as a tourist, now I live here, I chose this island because there are many wild and unspoilt places, I hate when there are too many tourists who mumble in the same place, not nice, have the towel attached with a stranger , I do not want to hear the talk and laughter or scream of others, I would like to live in nature. People do not understand that bad education and stenderebil own canvas attached to mine and fill the dough too much for this I’m not going to rambla from June to August!