Annual Gozo Lace Day 2015 this Sunday at the Gozo Campus
|Email item||Print item||
Gozo Lace Day 2015, organised by The Lace Making Programme at the University of Malta – Gozo Campus, is taking place this Sunday, the 29th of March.
The event, is being held for the nineteenth consecutive year, and will consist of a number of exhibitions and demonstrations relating to Maltese lace making.
Lace makers are invited to bring their pillow and join others in lace making and sharing experiences. A bobbin will be offered as a commemorative souvenir to all participants. The event will also include exhibitions of lace masterpieces and textile crafts.
Other stands will be mounted by the International Organisation of Needle and Bobbin Lace (OIDFA) and by the Malta Lace Guild. There will also be demonstrations of felted sheep wool, embroidery, card weaving, beading and lace making.
Information about lace courses will be available at the Lace Making Programme on the premises. ‘Koperattiva Ghawdxija tal-Bizzilla u Artigjanat’ will provide lace material for sale.
Lace Day 2015 will be open from 9.00am to 4.00pm at the University Gozo Campus, Mgarr Road, Xewkija, Gozo. Entrance is free and everybody is invited to attend.
Features on the day include:
• Introduction by Professor Joe Friggieri, Pro-Rector for Gozo
• Report from the Lace Making Programme
• Talk – ‘Exposure of Maltese Lace Surviving in Australia’ Dr Consiglia Azzopardi
• Presentation of Certificates
• Lecture outlining the pattern for Lace Day 2015, Making a pattern for a lace jacket, Instructions how to convert the pattern to a table runner
• Lace Guild
• Koperattiva Ghawdxija tal-Bizzilla u Artigjanat
• Lace Making Programme
Special Attractions for Lace Day 2015:
• Commemorative lace bobbin
• New pattern for lace jacket and table runner
• Exhibition of lace projects by students.