Ministry of Foreign Affairs advises against travel to Kenya
|Email item||Print item||
In view of recent developments in Kenya, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs wishes to advise against travel to the country.
However, Maltese nationals, who absolutely need to travel to, or who are currently in Kenya, are in turn strongly advised to avoid travel to the following cities and locations:
· Nairobi city centre, Uhuru Park and the Kibera, Mathare, and Eastleigh areas of Nairobi
· Eldoret, Kisumu, Kakamega, Kericho, Naivasha
· the Kisauni, Likoni and Tiwi areas around Mombasa
· the rural areas between Nakuru and Eldoret
· the areas around Kericho in the Rift Valley
Maltese nationals currently in Kenya, are advised to whenever possible stay indoors as much as possible and to exercise extreme caution while travelling, including travel to the airport.
The Directorate of Protocol and Consular Services of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs wishes to inform the general public that requests for consular assistance can be directed to the following numbers:
· During office hours: (356) 2204 2281/ 2204 2351
· All other times: (356) 7941 3665/ 7943 0801